Buy Our High Quality Abacus/Soroban/ Slavonic Abacus from Japan.All kinds are available.
- What is a Soroban/Abacus?
- A Soroban/Abacus is the Japanese traditional abacus. It is a calculating tool
which has 5 beads in each column. Each bead has its own value, such as
one, five, ten, and so on. A Soroban/Abacus is one of the most effective educational
tool to boost the children’s calculation skills and number sense.
- What are the main advantages of learning a Soroban/Abacus?
- One of the major advantages, is that practicing the Soroban/Abacus develops
the ability of mental calculation. Soroban/Abacus learners are able to visualize
the Soroban/Abacus beads clearly when doing the mental calculation.
- What kind of materials are used to make a Soroban/Abacus?
- A Soroban/Abacus is traditionally made of wood. Although some Soroban/Abacuss priced
under \2,000 have plastic parts, most of the Sorobans/Abacuses priced more than \3,000
have wooden beads.
- There are Sorobans/Abacuses priced between \3,000 and \5,000. But, what’s the
big difference between them?
- In general, the price is higher when the Soroban’s quality is better.
For example, the wood is carefully chosen by a Soroban/Abacus craftsman, and more
manufacturing processes are needed. Also, rigid specifications are adhered
to in their manufacture.
- There are 23-digit Soroban/Abacus and 27-digit Soroban/Abacus. Which one should
- A traditional Soroban/Abacus has either 23-digit or 27-digit. The majority
of Soroban/Abacus learners still choose to have these digits nowadays. On the other
hand, there are also 15-digit or 17-digit ones for those who prefer to own
I would like to buy a Soroban/Abacus for a souvenir. Do you have one ?
A. Each Soroban/Abacus is assembled by a specialy trained craftsman. So, the
Soroban/Abacus is also one of the Japanese craft products. The Soroban/Abacus is good
for interior display, too. We can provide you with a reasonably priced Soroban/Abacus
with instruction in English, French, German, Spanish, and Esperanto. We
also have some nice postcards showing the Soroban/Abacus in use taken from ancient
- I am interested in learning a Soroban/Abacus. Do you have any books written
in English or some other languages?
- We have several books written in English that explains how to use
- I am a left-handed, and would like to operate a Soroban/Abacus with my left
fingers. Is this possible?
- There is no problem. We suggest that you use your dominant hand.
- What age do you recommend to start learning the Soroban/Abacus?
- In general, it would be better if a child is able to count the numbers
one to ten, before learning the Soroban/Abacus. At first, we recommend you
use a “Slavonic Abacus” which has one hundred beads. It is an excellent
abacus for children to acquire the concept of numbers.
- What kind of Soroban/Abacus qualification should I get to become a Soroban/Abacus
teacher? Is there any certification to be able to teach the Soroban/Abacus?
- There is no formal certification to be a Soroban/Abacus teacher. However,
you should master a certain level of Soroban/Abacus calculation skill before
you try to teach others. We hold a special program, called the “Soroban/Abacus
Teacher’s Program,” for those who would like to be a Soroban/Abacus teacher. In
this program, you are able to learn how to teach the Soroban/Abacus and also how
to develop Anzan, mental calculation where you learn to visualize the Soroban/Abacus
- How do you calculate 55－88 with Soroban/Abacus?
- Suppose you have 155 instead of 55, you are able to take away 88 from
155. So, 155－88＝67. Now, you need to pay back 100 because you added 100
to 55. In order to make 67 to 100, you have to add 33.
So, the answer is “－33.”
- What should I do to keep my Soroban/Abacus in a good condition?
- A Soroban/Abacus is made of wood. So, it should be kept dry. After using
your Soroban/Abacus, it would be better to wipe it with a piece of soft cloth.
Like other wooden products, your Soroban/Abacus is going to last for many
years of use.
- Is there a good way or is there a tool to teach mental calculation?
- It might be hard for some beginners to visualize Soroban/Abacus beads when
they are trying to do mental calculation. So, we have developed a tool,
called a “Turbo Soroban/Abacus,” to practice mental calculation effectively. This
tool helps you to visualize the beads easier than ever before.